THE SALAD WARS!!!: While we all wait




Food Mood: Passing Time
Reno Ridiculouso: Paused for a very long, dark time

Well, this is the part where we had to stop for four whole weeks while we sorted this out.  Don’t worry folks, it all turns out in the end!  😊  But, to pass the time while we all wait for Bull Talker to make a decision about if he’ll fix his crap job, I bring, you SALADS!!!!  Wooo HOO!!!

So, The Hubby and I have an essential disagreement about salads.  I like my salads to look and taste like the beauty above.  All of my components are carefully chosen to balance flavour, texture and temperature, preferably with both hot and cold items.  I like a romaine salad with warm green beans and hard boiled eggs and a nice bit of crunchy bacon with lemon vinaigrette.
Hubby?  He likes what he calls a kitchen sink salad.  Like this…
Exactly what is sounds like, the whole kitchen sink, in a salad.
After years of debate I make my nice salad and then walk away while he destroys it by filling it up with other junk. 
Here’s the recipe for Salad a la Hubby or Kitchen Sink Salad
Romaine lettuce
Hard boiled egg
Red onion
Bacon
Roasted red peppers
Olives
Pickles
Pickled vegetables
Tomatoes
Topped with a can of tuna
Dressed with the juices from all of the above
Plus anything else that he decides to throw in

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Biblical Plagues and the Doors Part Three

Subfloors and Pho

Second Week Of July In Which All Hell Breaks Loose and My Dad Cooks