Cop Out Like a Boss




Reno Ridiculouso: That’s it!  NO MORE SANDING AND MUDDING!

Food Mood: Quiche.  Just That. In the toaster oven, sorry crockpot lovers

After three weeks of mudding and sanding, (why do they call it mudding and taping?  Taping doesn’t suck.  You know what sucks?!  Sanding.  That’s what sucks! It’s up my freakin’ nose) we’re done. 
I mean, here’s the thing.  We aren’t done.  But we are DONE.  The walls are mostly done but we still have the whole powder room to do and the ceilings of the dining room and kitchen
The kitchen ceiling is going awesomely.  Hubby and I have developed a system that minimizes the shoulder/neck damage that either of us incur.  But the ceiling of the dining room is super high and super challenging and we both just keep trying and bailing out.

Which is when we start throwing things overboard. It begins with a conversation about how much we love those fake tin ceiling tiles when we see them in cafés.  And just like that, the flood gates of F’ This have opened.  We decide that our steam punk dining room would look super appropriate with tin tiles, and we laugh gleefully to ourselves and stop doing the dining room ceiling.  Phew!

And then comes the moment were I am standing in the very small powder room realizing that the Hubby is too big to do this room and even I keep sticking my butt in the wet mud behind me as I try to do this room.  And so I leave the powder room and say to the Hubby “so, I was thinking… about the drywall in here… “.  And he laughs and puts down his hawk and says “Yes.  Please do tell”. 
“How about the powder room is like a little jewel box, unlike the other rooms.  A kind of overly dramatic dark, black and white and shiny, awesomeness? “
And he says “ I like that, say more…”
And I say “with beadboard painted black instead of drywall” 
And he says “I’m in.” 
And that, people, is how you cop out like a boss.  LIKE A BOSS.

Quiche in the Toaster Oven
Buy a pack of those two pie crusts (shut up over achievers, I don’t have any freakin’ counter space)
Thaw one for about ten minutes
Break somewhere around five or six eggs into a bowl, throw in about 1/3 cup of cream of whatever variety your diet will let do.  Beat the heck out of that malarkey.  Give ‘Er
Throw stuff you like in the bottom of the pie crust. Or faves, slivered sundried tomatoes and cubes of feta.  Or ham, onion and top with cheddar cheese. 
Top it with some other variety of cheese, something smoked is nice if you’re feelin’ fancy
Cook in the toaster oven until it’s just set and the top is goldeny.  I shall not tell you how long because toaster ovens are super fickle and I have not chatted with yours to know how its feeling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Biblical Plagues and the Doors Part Three

Subfloors and Pho

Second Week Of July In Which All Hell Breaks Loose and My Dad Cooks