Buttering Up Beef Ribs and Bloody Doors



Food Mood- Conciliatory towards the Hubby (ie, buttering up)

Reno Ridiculouso: Son of a #$%? The Doors again!!!!  

Yeah. Hubby chose the wrong door. Just… I can’t even.  Yeah.

We needed a left inward opening and he chose a right inward opening.  Now, to be fair, in order to even write that correctly I had to stand up, pretend that I was approaching our door and reinact the way that it would open to remember the correct version.  But for some odd reason I’ve always been able to do this and get it correct.  And, even more strangely, the Hubby who has impeccable spatial sense, years of experience and wicked instincts, just can not get this one through his head.
So the first time that I open the door I pause.  I note that it’s opening in such a way that you to go in and close it you end up with your back to a open staircase to the basement, and to go out you end up standing on the heating vent.  Yep.  Instead of the door opening flush to the exterior wall it swings right into the middle of the back entry, blocking all paths forward unless you want to walk into the closet.  

Now, as you may have gathered, it’s been a tough few months around here so this is a touchy moment.  Do I say something right away? Or just say nice door and leave it be?  As you likely gathered from the last post, I let it be.  I thought to myself, ok, in the greater scheme of things I can totally live with this because, gosh darnnit, I have doors and that my friends is a major improvement.  And so I let it be.

A week passes with Little Girl and I valiantly stepping up a huge step into the reno, pushing the door open, stepping over the vent and avoiding falling down the stairs. And then the Hubby says it I’m returning the door and getting the other one.  Hurray!  We review together the kind of door that we actually need and agree that he will order it.  And so, I reward him with ribs which I hate but he loves

Beef Short Ribs
Thaw ribs and cut up so that they fit in the crockpot
Open bottle of barbeque sauce that you like and pour on top
Cook. 
Seriously, that’s it.  No one is barbecuing these after to get a nice crispy exterior, although if you are fancy and not missing the back half of your house, you can totally do this and likely it will taste better. 
I pop some potatoes in the microwave to bake, four minutes a piece, don’t forget to prick them first
Likewise, the frozen peas and corn go in a bowl, get some water added and get microwaved.
Not fancy, but the Hubby is happy and that is worth an awful lot. 
END NOTE FROM PRESENT KENDRA: This bloody brand new door is still sitting in our garage a year later because it was in, insulated and all when we realized, so it wasn’t returnable.  Anybody want a stupidly expensive unused door? 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Biblical Plagues and the Doors Part Three

Subfloors and Pho

Second Week Of July In Which All Hell Breaks Loose and My Dad Cooks