Tvekkking it Up with Cabbage Roll Casserole



Food Mood: Cabbage!  Yep, I said it!  How do ya like me now! 

Reno Ridiculouso: kiddos away so it’s full speed ahead.  Get that insulation in,vapour barrier up and tyvek on

After Cool Contractor finished putting the doors and windows in earlier in the week (they arrived!  Yeah!) , The Hubby worked all out after work every night to foam seal every crack.  Little Girl is away today so he and I set to.  Yep, believe it or not I can be handyish too.  With help.  Shut up ex roomates, I am nowhere near as bad I used to be!!!

Our list today:
·         Cut the foam caulking flush with the windows in preparation for drywall and trim
·         Stick all the insulation in where there isn’t sprayfoam (everywhere but the ceiling basically)
·         Vapour barrier it all
·         Tyvek the outside of the house

And the gods of all mankind smile on us.  It’s a gorgeous 16 degrees and sunny out and neither of us is tired or angry on incapacitated in any way.  And so we get it all done. 
We head out to the hardware store and I ride around on the cart while we pick up more insulation and a new staple gun (where in all that is true is the old one?).

Back at the house, we chat and I merrily staple gun things to other things.  Little Girl comes home and has a friend over and they watch from her bedroom while we climb to the roof of the new addition and lean out over to Tyvek.  I think happy thoughts about how good it is for my daughter to see me doing construction things sometimes.   And when we are done our house is safely weather and water protected and we’re on to finishes.

Cabbage Roll Casserole
I pound ground beef (or fake veggie ground, or crumbled tofu or tempeh, I have done all of the above) , thawed, thrown in the bottom of the crockpot
One small green cabbage, sliced
One can of diced tomatoes
1/3 cup of Heinz chili sauce
One half to one cup brown or wild rice depending on how much and what kind of rice you like
One chopped onion
One can of tomato sauce
Cook for… surprise!  Eight hours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Biblical Plagues and the Doors Part Three

Subfloors and Pho

Second Week Of July In Which All Hell Breaks Loose and My Dad Cooks